Significant GC performance penalty

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Sun Dec 16 10:55:36 PST 2012

On Sunday, 16 December 2012 at 11:43:20 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> Use the stopwatch class from std.datetime to get a proper idea
> of where time is being spent. All this subtracting 2 secs
> business stinks.
>
> or just fire up a profiler.

I am using the stopwatch, but had not gotten around to wrapping
around things for the extra detail. The subtractions and so forth
was roughly calculated on the fly while I was posting and
noticing new things I hadn't notice before.

The fact is disabling and enabling the GC added on an extra 2
secs for some reason, so it's of interest knowing why. I'll do
proper timing later and post the results here.

--rt