Next focus: PROCESS

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 11:04:11 PST 2012

On Sunday, 16 December 2012 at 18:37:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> The prevalent use of the feature would be that a bug in a
> future release is back-patched onto an older release.
>

> Andrei

The issue I see is we will have X releases. A bug is fixed, do we
now apply it to all X or only Y releases?

I see it unreasonable to maintain every release. If we need to
make a special "maintenance" release then we directly handle the
issue being requested instead of providing every fix applicable.

Branches work when needing to handle continuous support, but tags
are the perfect lite weight solution when you'll have to handle
one off support. It can be done right now, but I don't know what
version you'd release 2.57 + 1 as.