Compilation strategy

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:23:10 PST 2012

On Saturday, 15 December 2012 at 16:55:39 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> A quick straw poll.  Do people prefer to have all sources
> compiled in a
> single compiler call, or (more like C++) separate compilation
> of each
> object followed by a link call.
>
> Thanks.

I currently use full compilation. I have no choice because the
compiler isn't emitting all symbols I need and get linking errors
when doing separate compilation. Compiling my code require more
than 2.5Gb of RAM now and is quite slow.

To avoid multiple instantiation of the same template by the
compiler, I guess the best option to me would be to compile on a
by package basis.