Compilation strategy

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:04:18 PST 2012

On Sunday, 16 December 2012 at 23:51:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 12/16/2012 3:30 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> On Sunday, 16 December 2012 at 21:34:53 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>> I think it is a bad solution to the issue.
>>
>> Is no solution better than a bad solution ?
>
> Solutions based on not understanding the issue rarely turn out
> well.

Assuming that other don't understand the issue is not going to
help. The issue is pretty clear and simple.

Emitting template symbols clearly slow down the compilation
process and increase the size of object files. That is a given.
But that allow for separate compilation.

Note that separate compilation is the only path that make sense
considering that the GC do not work.