Compilation strategy

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Mon Dec 17 00:24:43 PST 2012

On Monday, 17 December 2012 at 07:56:01 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> Similar solutions work for Ada, Modula-3, F#, Haskell, OCaml,
> just
> to cite a few languages with generic types and modules.
>
> So the issue is how .di files are implemented, not the general
> concept.
>
> --
> Paulo

If we want to allow D to fit into various niche markets
overlooked by C++, for added security, encryption could be added,
where the person compiling encrypted .di files would have to
supply a key. That would work only for certain situations, not
for mass distribution, but it may be useful to enough people.

--rt