Compilation strategy

jerro a at a.com
Mon Dec 17 05:33:45 PST 2012

> It's not as if phobos would be distributed that way.  And even
> it if was,
> then there'd be an uproar and a fork of the project.

I don't think that the FSF would be to happy about adding a front
end with DRM support to GCC, even if no encrypted libraries would
be added along with it. Of course a fork without DRM support
could still be added to GCC, but if support for DRM libraries
became part of D, then this would cause problems when some people
would choose to actually use this feature with their closed
source libraries and those couldn't be used with GDC.