SCons D tool: need help with building static library

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Dec 17 11:12:56 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 11:08:00AM -0800, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> Anyway.  The command is missing a "-L-L." option. It should read:
>
> 	/usr/src/d/dmd/src/dmd -ofprog prog.o -L-L. -L-lmylib
>
> which passes a "-L." option to the linker to make it search the current
> directory for the library.
[...]

Clarification: I guess what I meant was that for each $path in LIBPATH,
there should be a corresponding option "-L-L$path" in the linker
command. It just happened to be "." for my project. But in general, one
would need to generate a -L-L option for each path in LIBPATH so that
the linker knows where to look for libraries.

Basically, passing "-L-L$path" to DMD causes it to pass "-L$path" to the
linker, which is how one specifies linker search paths.

Tech-savvy: euphemism for nerdy.