Javascript bytecode

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Dec 18 16:29:51 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 07:08:04PM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 12/18/12 3:35 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
> >And no, I don't think D can be a systems language *and* eliminate all
> >undefined and implementation defined behavior.
>
> The SafeD subset takes care of that.
[...]

Which right now suffers from some silly things like writefln not being
able to be made @safe, just because some obscure formatting parameter is
un at safe. Which is exactly how @safe was designed, of course.  Except
that it makes SafeD ... a bit of a letdown, shall we say? - when it
comes to practical real-world applications.

(And just to be clear, I'm all for SafeD, but it does still have a ways
to go.)

Elegant or ugly code as well as fine or rude sentences have something in common: they don't depend on the language. -- Luca De Vitis