Javascript bytecode

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:19:34 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 19 December 2012 at 07:22:45 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 12/18/2012 11:04 PM, Rob T wrote:
>> I'm not claiming to be an expert in this area either, however
>> it seems obvious
>> that there are significant theoretical and practical
>> advantages with using the
>> bytecode concept.
>
> Evidently you've dismissed all of my posts in this thread on
> that topic :-)

As you dismissed all points in favor of bytecode. Such as it
being a standardized AST representation for multiple languages.
CLI is all about that, which is reflected in its name. LLVM is
used almost exclusively for that purpose (clang is great).

Not advocating bytecode here but you claiming it is completely
useless is so D-ish :).