Next focus: PROCESS

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Wed Dec 19 11:56:45 PST 2012

On Wednesday, 19 December 2012 at 19:26:48 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 December 2012 at 19:01:56 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> I was hoping for more consensus to build in this thread. Right
>> now it seems there's still quite a bit of controversy about
>> what the best way to go is.
>>

> I'm afraid a lot of discussions we see right now are plain
> useless because overengineered. This shouldn't prevent us from
> switching some more basics things, like the git workflow and
> see how it work.
>
> This process need some actual practical use for the reflection
> to go forward, as it has gone way too far in the stratosphere.

Yes, overengineering is pointless, and doing something basic is
better than doing nothing at all, and knowing what will work and
what won't and what the challenges are means that we have to try
something out or we'll never learn anything.

There are some main points that I think everyone agrees with that
could be implemented immediately.

Do we all agree that MASTER becomes the "Dev" branch?

Do we all agree that we need a "testing" (aka staging) branch?

Do we all agree that we need a "stable" branch?

--rt