Javascript bytecode

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:30:41 PST 2012

On Thursday, 20 December 2012 at 01:41:38 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> Not exactly, I argue that having a bytecode standard is
> useless. How a compiler works internally is fairly irrelevant.

Note that in the first place, bytecode discussion has started
with the need of provide a CTFEable module that do not contains
more information that what is in a DI file, as it is a concern
for some companies.

Bytecode can solve that problem nicely IMO. You mentioned that DI
is superior here, but I don't really understand how.