About Go, D module naming

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Dec 21 01:49:55 PST 2012

On Friday, December 21, 2012 12:57:10 Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> +1. It never made any sense to me that private is visible but not
> accessible. A carryover from C++ I guess (but there we just hide stuff
> out of the header file, use awful internal namespaces etc.).

It also makes stuff like private aliases useless. I don't really know of any
reason _not_ to fix it. At minimum, private symbols should be removed from
overload sets outside of their module, though they may need to remain visible
(but inaccessible) in dealing with stuff other than overload sets.

- Jonathan M Davis