dlang.org Library Reference

Sönke Ludwig sludwig at outerproduct.org
Fri Dec 21 04:24:16 PST 2012

Am 11.12.2012 22:13, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> On 12/11/12 3:54 PM, Rob T wrote:

>>> Man, how did I miss that? I like that.
>>
>> http://vibed.org/temp/phobos/std/datetime.html
>>
>> Wow, that's a HUGE improvement to what has been a very difficult read
>> for std.datetime.
>>
>> I'd like to bookmark the Vibe Phobos reference page for use as my
>> library reference. Will it remain there at least until the official web
>> page reference is improved in a similar or identical way?
>
> Do whom do we talk about Borging the vibe dox into dlang.org?
>
> Andrei

Okay, I have prepared a small repository which generates Phobos/Druntime documentation and
integrates it into dlang.org (it currently needs vibe.d installed to build the ddox binary):

https://github.com/s-ludwig/phobos-docs

The paths are currently adjusted for working side-by-side with phobos, druntime and
d-programming-language.org:

-----
/
	/dprogramming-language.org/
	/druntime/
	/phobos/
	/phobos-docs/
-----

There are some batch files that generate the documentation. Running the following sequence will
yield HTML docs in ../d-programming-language.org/phobos/:

-----
cd phobos-docs
vibe build
generate_json
filter_json
generate_html
-----

Example generated site is here:

http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/index.html

Is any further work on this desired? If so, what would be the next steps to integrate it into the
general dlang.org workflow? (or rather, how is that workflow in terms of folder structure, build
scripts etc.?)

It would also need a phase of bug fixing regarding some macros used in the Phobos ddoc comments.