dlang.org Library Reference

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Fri Dec 21 16:52:26 PST 2012

On Saturday, 22 December 2012 at 00:00:43 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> The current separate wiki pages that mirror the dlang site are
> the worse
> of both worlds in that the content exists, is hardly ever
> folded in, and
> isn't even visible along side the page but hidden off behind a
> link that I
> bet most people never even see.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Later,
> Brad

I think the reason for the disconnection is due to the docs not
being stored with the wiki and I don't see what can be done to
merge the two since they are  two completely separate and
different sources of documentation.

BTW, it turns out I didn't notice the wiki link until after
reading your post! The link should be a button or something else
that's much more noticeable and friendly for users to explore.

One grip do I have is that the "improve this page" system is
rather unfriendly, and because of this I've not yet taken the
time to research what I have to do to get to the point where I
can contribute improvements. I suspect it turns away most people
who otherwise would try and contribute.

In any event, what I see with the new document format is a very
very large improvement and the sooner it is implemented (even
with some of the minor flaws not yet fixed) the better.

--rt