dlang.org Library Reference

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Dec 22 10:56:56 PST 2012

On 12/22/12 12:53 PM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> Am 22.12.2012 17:49, schrieb Sönke Ludwig:
>>
>> Continuing the thought of screen real estate - shouldn't these sections better be at the _bottom_ of
>> the page? After all they are just noise for the typical reader and since the pages are not as long
>> anymore, they still won't get drowned by the rest of the page.
>>

> In the latest upload a number of items is addressed:

Much better. A few more comments.

First on the module-level pages.

* Styling at the top is still too sparse. How about adding a "Source"
Button in line with (and to the left of) "Improve this page" and "Page
wiki"?

* Clicking on "source" actually doesn't work (mind the underscore)

* Spacing of cell text in tables is larger at the bottom. I think
spacing should be equally distributed (while staying equal in total).

* Spacing of lines inside a paragraph in the table should be a tad
smaller. But only in the module-level table, not all paragraphs.

Now onto the item-level pages, using
http://vibed.org/temp/d-programming-language.org/phobos/std/file/attrIsFile.html
as an example.

* I'm thinking the authors and license should not be present on each
item-level page.

* Function name in the heading should be in code font.

* The module of the function (std.file) should be obvious and easy to
navigate to through one click. One idea is to say "Function
std.file.attrIsFile" and make the "std.file" portion a link to the module.

* The left column should scroll to show the selected module. For
attrIsFile that's not the case on some screens (the selection std/file
is invisible unless user scrolls down).

* For the "Parameters" section, either keep the "Parameters:" heading
and replace "Parameter name" with "Name", or (preferably) just delete
"Parameters:" entirely.

Thanks,

Andrei