Segmentation fault

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sun Dec 23 04:37:33 PST 2012

On Sunday, 23 December 2012 at 09:54:18 UTC, Shadow_exe wrote:
> There is an error, which I can not solve, because I can't
> understand why it happens.
> If it's not an error, correct me please!
>
> Code:
> module main;
>
> import core.thread;
> import std.stdio;
> import core.memory;
>
> class DerivedThread : Thread {
>     this(uint index){
>         this._index = index;
>         super( &run );
>     }
>
>     private uint _index;
>

>     private {
>         void run(){
>                 writeln("run ", _index);
>                 uint[] test11;
>                 for(uint y=0; y<1e6; ++y){
>                     test11 ~= y;
>                 }
>                 writeln("done ", _index);
>         }
>     }
> }
>
> void main(string[] argv)
> {
>     for(uint i=0; i<10; ++i){
>         (new DerivedThread(i)).start();
>     }
> }
>
> <skipped>

The problem is in heap corruption detected by valgrind in
gc.gc.mark() and some other functions. I remember similar issue
with using std.format functions in a loop. Increasing iterations
from 7000 up to 7500 lead to heap corruption.

The issue can be reduced to :

import std.stdio;

void main()
{
	uint[] test;
	for(uint y=0; y<1e6; ++y){
		test ~= y;
	}
	writeln(test.length);
}

> If You after the launch of You have worked without errors,
> pozapuskayte several times.

He meant rerun multiple times here.