About Go, D module naming

Phil Lavoie maidenphil at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 23 12:22:51 PST 2012

I'd like to add that I have programmed with google Go for some
time and moved to D for various reasons. It is true that unused
imports and variables may be a hint that something was done
wrong, or forgotten, and a review might be desirable. I am all
for being warned about this. However, it is absolutely true that
tagging those as errors can 1) become a nuisance when debugging
2) might not even be applicable for D (you mentioned some things
about traits using them).

Now, the question became: "who's responsibility is it to warn
about those messages?". I do like the idea of having an interface
to the lexer and parser to make it easy for IDEs to identify
those problems because 1) it makes finding those errors easier
and 2) provides the possibility to move the responsibility from
the compiler to another tool, which is flexible. If I am not
mistaken, such an API is implemented in Go's standard lib.

So my take on this would be: give (not you personally) all the
third party tools the means to identify those things easily
because I am a 100% for the fact that those warnings CAN BE
USEFUL.

By the way, would anyone be kind enough to tell me what UFCS are?

Phil