moving away from changelog.dd?

Kapps opantm2+spam at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 20:48:05 PST 2012

On Monday, 24 December 2012 at 04:19:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Sunday, December 23, 2012 23:13:53 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 12/23/12 11:08 PM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> > It's just the WHATSNEW section that makes no sense to
>> > automate.
>>
>> Enhancement requests may fill most of the bill...
>
> They definitely don't fill all of it though. We need to be able
> to put specific
> messages in the changelog separate from bugzilla entries.
>
> I really don't see why it's that big a deal that the WHATSNEW
> section isn't
> automated though. It's the LIBBUGSFIXED section that causes all
> the grief, and
> that's easily automated.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Personally I think it nicer that things like What's New would be
written out by a human. Instead of just "Enhancement #4713: Add
user-defined annotations", you can give a quick explanation of
what actually was added and a link to get more info about it.
Same for phobos modules and the like.