D "Swing"

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Dec 24 03:12:02 PST 2012

On Mon, 2012-12-24 at 11:34 +0100, Chris wrote:
[…]
> However, I also like HTML/JS solutions but am not sure whether
> they can replace a real GUI framework like Cocoa or Swing. JS is
> at times cumbersome to use for user interfaces.
[…]

Possibly worth noting that the hope is that Swing goes away very soon
now. JavaFX is the current offering for graphics and GUI on the JVM. Of
course writing UIs in Java is a pain, hence GroovyFX
(http://www.groovyfx.org). But, of course, writing UIs manually is a
pain so the generator to use is Griffon (http://griffon.codehaus.org).

--
Russel.