D "Swing"

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 05:39:23 PST 2012

On Monday, 24 December 2012 at 13:21:57 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-12-24 13:59, Chris wrote:
>
>> In my opinion, as D is getting ever more mature, it is about
>> time we had
>> a reliable standard cross-platform GUI. It need not be a
>> framework like
>> Swing. Maybe a more modern solution (HTML etc) would do the
>> trick.
>
> I don't think that would work with the D community.

why not? have you read my post in this thread? having a Qt-like
or Gtk-like interface framework which would give users "widgets"
by hiding declarative and glueing code would be practically same
way as using other non-D toolkits including their D ports.

> I more than agree that D needs a GUI library, I just don't
> agree with you how it should be done.

and this is another problem, while D has lots of users, the
current active community is quite small(correct me if i'm wrong),
and even in such case all programmers trying to do their own
stuff because they think their way is more "correct", yes you can
judge me too, but sadly this is the fact.