D "Swing"

Chris wendlec at tcd.ie
Mon Dec 24 05:51:56 PST 2012

[..]
>> I have worked with some native-binding framworks and there is
>> always an issue (maybe even a bug in the native os).

> It's sounds like your suggesting that a non-native approach
> wouldn't have any bugs. I'm sure you're not, that would be
> crazy.

No, of course not. But the bugs would be in-house, i.e. in one
place and could be dealt with immedieately, whereas with native
bindings you have two possible sources for bugs, one of which
(the native os) you have no control over whatsoever.

I don't actually care how exactly a standard GUI toolkit for D is
accomplished (I am not into software-philosophical debates) as
long as it is done and done quickly (My apologies, I sound like a
CEO now!). I only have my doubts whether DWT is really the best
solution or whether we are just wasting time.

This said, my post is not intended to slight the efforts of DWT
developers, far be it from me!