Inline D in Javascript

Kåre Andersson kare_andersson at yahoo.se
Mon Dec 24 23:28:18 PST 2012

Adam D. Ruppe Wrote:

> On Monday, 24 December 2012 at 20:09:22 UTC, KÃ¥re Andersson wrote:
> > I must admit I have some problems to see exactly what it does.
>
> What it does is take a D file in and spit out a javascript file.
> There's no speed boost from JS because it IS javascript on the
> output.

  ***

Such a beautiful idea, and very useful. It looks like mr. Jacob Carlborg went ahead and read my thoughts with that link.

Firstly, I have always believed that for instance downloading someting, is an obstacle for someone who just wants to get a first grasp of a new programming language. They want to instantly and online do some tests and get a feeling before downloading something.

Secondly, and maybe it is the primary goal, it can be a good development tool, especially for functions, with the capacity of immediate demonstrations. Even a more advanced programmer wants to know exacly what a function/tool does before investing further energy examining it.