moving away from changelog.dd?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Dec 25 04:18:10 PST 2012

> I think that that's what most of us are agreed upon at this point. What is
> currently the WHATSNEW section will continue to be done by hand, but the
> LIBBUGSFIXED section will be autogenerated.

WHATSNEW is a list of new features, which are (or should be) in bugzilla as
enhancement requests.

Various musings, rationales, future changes, etc., should go in a separate
document called releasenotes.

I don't think it's viable to have a document half-generated automatically and
half-editted by humans.