What's up with the windows headers?

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 12:22:44 PST 2012

On 12/26/12, Phil Lavoie <maidenphil at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Makes sense, do you know of any plans to merge those with the dmd
> distributables?

It was discussed many times. I don't know if the Phobos team is
willing to merge the dsource.org WinAPI in its current layout. WinAPI
has aliases to Ascii/Unicode versions of functions which they don't
like (or maybe it's just Walter who doesn't like it), and it has a
directory and file structure. Putting this whole API into a single
file would be insane (it would be a 70.000 lines file). And the other
problem is that currently DMD is distributed with all header and
binary files for all OSes, so adding WinAPI would increase the size of
the .zip file. We should have separate packages for each OS, but
Walter is in charge of making them so I don't know when things will
improve.

Personally I'm tired of discussing this as the discussions always
reach a stale-mate.