What's up with the windows headers?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 26 18:40:38 PST 2012

On 26/12/2012 18:35, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 12/26/12, Phil Lavoie <maidenphil at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I believe everything was moved to the core.sys.windows.windows header.
>
> No, that module existed for a long time but it was lacking a lot of
> functionality, so a couple of devs created the WindowsAPI project
> instead.

I am the one who started this WindowsAPI project.  Good to hear people
talking about it again.

There were a handful of people helping out with it at a time, but this
has dwindled apparently through people's loss of interest and lack of
time.  Indeed, lack of time is why I haven't contributed much to it
lately (and why I haven't been active on the newsgroups lately) - I've
been in and out of employment a few times since it started and, while
it's nice having a job (both for the money and for the social aspects),
it does mean that I don't have much time these days to devote to D
projects.  But I do hope to find some time to do more on it in the
not-too-distant future.

We have five people besides myself on this thread at the moment.  How
many of you (or anyone else, for that matter) are actually willing to
help out with the project?

Please see also
http://tinyurl.com/brrxtzj

I have now decided to implement the solutions proposed for points 1 and
2 therein.  I've just modified the translation instructions per point 2,
but still need to go through changing already-translated headers
accordingly.  I'll do this and take care of point 1 when I'm reunited
with my usual computer in about a week's time.  Point 3 is TBD.

Stewart.