Learning Haskell makes you a better programmer?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Dec 27 03:45:31 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-12-26 at 22:48 +0100, bearophile wrote:
> Russel Winder:
>
> > Clojure could make Lisp a mainstream language,
>
> Many things I read in blogs and Reddit about Clojure are wrong,
> or nearly wrong.

Reddit appears to be full of bluster, bullshit and rubbish which is why
it is entirely ignorable.

Practical experience, i.e. actually using it for real on real projects,
indicates that Clojure is an excellent language and very usable.
Moreover many people (*) building systems are actually working with
Clojure and finding it a huge boon. Also Uncle Bob tells us it is the
final programming language ;-)

The JVM language set is definitely now Java, Scala, Groovy, Clojure.

(*) OK mostly young entrepreneurial types doing start-ups.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk