Learning Haskell makes you a better programmer?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Dec 27 03:59:22 PST 2012

Russel Winder:

> Practical experience, i.e. actually using it for real on real
> projects, indicates that Clojure is an excellent language and
> very usable.

In my very limited Clojure experience I've seen that it uses a
LOT of memory even for my small programs, sometimes almost ten
times more than equivalent Python programs (like 120 MB for a
small program that processes small genomic text files). And I've
seen to write fast Clojure programs I have to add a ton of
annotations to the code. So I have not used it further.

Bye,
bearophile