D "Swing"

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Dec 28 06:09:26 PST 2012

On 2012-12-28 13:05, Chris wrote:

> I see. If you have a list or better a *description* of what has to be
> done to finish the project and to update it to D2 (possibly with Phobos
> integration) please send it to me. My email address is there I think.
> Maybe I can have a look at it. I have some vague experience with
> combining Ojective-C and D, also I know the Cocoa Framework (although
> not the latest flashy additions that come with each new version of OS X,
> I been outta touch for a while now).

The current status is that everything compiles, but far from everything
runs. I'm trying to collect a list of snippets that doesn't work and
then try to fix them. I think the best approach is to try and fix as
many snippets as possible before moving to D2.

Here's the list of the status of the snippets I've tested:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt-mac/blob/master/todo.taskpaper#L12

The @run tag indicates the snippet doesn't crash but it seems somethings
aren't working properly.

The snippets I'm using are these:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/org.eclipse.swt.snippets

They are actually for the D2 port but they're easy to adapt to D1. It's
mostly just changing the import statements.

I'm using DMD 1.072. I know for sure that version works with Tango. I'm
only compiling 32bit for now. You can install DMD 1.072 and Tango using DVM:

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dvm

I've written a porting guide here:

https://github.com/d-widget-toolkit/dwt-mac

--