DMD build

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Dec 28 13:37:20 PST 2012

On 12/28/12 4:39 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> What impact does this have on the open pull requests?  If it's going to
> suddenly break every one of them, then I think it's a particularly bad
> idea.

There are dozens of open pull requests and if worse comes to worst
people will agree to fix their requests because the request for changing
extensions has enjoyed considerable popularity.

> The benefit is debatable and the cost is pretty annoying.

The benefit is we'll avoid resurrecting a debate that comes back and
again. Technically there's no reason to move with the change, but right
now we're wasting time and burning through karma. Making the change
shows respect for the community and for working together in an
environment that has few gratuitous idiosyncrasies.

Let's do it.

Thanks,

Andrei