Social comments integrated with dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Dec 29 06:22:28 PST 2012

On 12/29/12 2:38 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> We could also make the comments collapsed by default to clean up the page appearance. But regarding
> professionalism, even Microsoft has user comments on MSDN:
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632679%28VS.85%29.aspx>. Nothing keeps a moderator from
> deleting outdated comments (you can have as many moderators as needed and can also enable
> pre-moderation).
>
> And frankly, in my experience such comments were immensely helpful in a number of cases on various
> online documentation sites (including MSDN and ...PHP). They are like an in-place stack overflow
> discussion that you don't have to search for, often with some real gems.

Yes. I very strongly believe we need to have a form of
community-provided contents. (Not sure whether disqus is the most
appropriate vehicle, but since it's the only one that's currently
implemented, it's by definition the best we have.) So I'm willing to
fight issues and do more work as a moderator for the sake of crowdsourcing.

Andrei