D "Swing"

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Dec 29 07:07:06 PST 2012

On 2012-12-29 13:55, Chris wrote:

> I have read your description of the ObjC bridge and have done
> something similar too. I was thinking that developing minimal
> binding/bridging mechanisms for various languages would be a good thing
> in order to glue D to anything you want. Again, time is a crucial factor.

The problem with this bridge is bloat. A Hello World GUI application
takes around 60MB in size. It's basically a dead end.

This is a better solution:

http://michelf.ca/projects/d-objc/

It adds support for extern (Objective-C), i.e. ABI compatibility with
Objective-C. Michel Fortin hasn't worked on this for a couple of years
but I have started to continue on his work.

--
/Jacob Carlborg