Social comments integrated with dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Dec 29 09:48:07 PST 2012

On 12/29/12 10:22 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Sönke has listed the advantages provided by Disqus. I'll list a few
> disadvantages (some of which may be obvious) for consideration:
[snip]

Good points. I, too, think a customized, highly integrated version of
forum.dlang.org would be preferable. Perhaps integration with newsgroup
wouldn't be necessary, i.e. no need to make posts made on the
documentation pages appear on the regular fora.

Do you think it would be easy to implement and maintain the features I
discussed in http://goo.gl/G4pJ9? Let's not forget that we'd benefit of
future improvements to disqus (if any) by default, whereas if we build
it we need to maintain and improve it.

Thanks,

Andrei