Social comments integrated with dlang.org

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Dec 29 13:09:07 PST 2012

> 5. Both have voting, and PHP sorts comments in decreasing order by upvotes. Can
> we also sort the same? Also, can we add some randomness (e.g. randomly push one
> of the comments in a top position) such that new good content has a chance to be
> upvoted?

This is an interesting issue. I think an interesting metric would be a
combination of number of votes which add to a ranking score, and age of the post
which subtracts from it.

Or maybe simply have a couple of buttons which change the sort order:

1. by vote
2. newest first
3. by karma of the poster
4. by number of posts by the poster
5. by a "house blend" of the above (!) If Sönke wants to get really creative,
have an "equalizer" with four sliders to control the weight of 1..4.