Should Phobos use Timsort instead? (with a small tweak)

ixid nuaccount at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 13:29:52 PST 2012

> What's would be truly awesome at the moment is highly efficient
> version(s) of sort(s) customized for small ranges. And IRC
> that's what Philippe's sorting networks were good at.

Wasn't that what I was saying? =) It seems like an ideal
application of D's strengths to be easily able to write something
like sort!"timsort" or sort!"mergesort" (or whatever formatting)
in addition to intelligent analysis of the number of items and
select a sorting network if that would be favourable.