Smart pointers instead of GC?

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Mon Dec 31 06:33:14 PST 2012

Am 31.12.2012 13:36, schrieb Sven Over:

> Hi Benjamin! I've seen your druntime and thBase repos on GitHub. Very
> interesting stuff. As I have little (or to be honest: no) experience in
> D it's difficult for me to judge how much work needs to be done. Is the
> idea to replace Phobos completely?

The idea is not to replace phobos completely. Currenly it only contains
the functionality that I did need for my projects and that could not be
used from phobos. std.traits, std.typetuple, and others are still used
from phobos because they don't leak (or could be made non leaking with
very small modifications).
thBase also contains a lot of functionality phobos does not have. E.g.
containers, a better xml parser/writer, templates for automiatcally
serializing and deserializing objects to/from xml files and much more.
Everything that I think could be usefull for other projects in the
future gets added to thBase.

Knid Regards
Benjamin Thaut