Ranges longer than size_t.max

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 31 10:36:09 PST 2012

On Monday, 31 December 2012 at 18:18:08 UTC, monarch_dodra wrote:
> On Monday, 31 December 2012 at 17:56:37 UTC, Era Scarecrow
> wrote:
>> Perhaps, but having cent/ucent available would make a few
>> people happy at least
>
> Not to change the subject, but couldn't we just implement Cent
> and UCent as library types, such as Complex, or HalfFloat?
>
> I'd be tempted to open an ER and see if walter is up for it...

  Yes we could. Just that they are already defined built-in types
according to the specs. *shrugs* But changing your code from Cent
to cent after it's properly implemented seems like a minimal
change.

  If walter says go ahead (and I'm sure he won't have a problem
with it), then I guess it's up to whoever to make it.