[xmlp] the recent garbage collector performance improvements

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 16:25:53 PST 2012

On 2 February 2012 23:22, Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote:

> Long term I suspect the typical desktop experience will just be a phone or
> other mobile device talking wirelessly to input and display peripherals.

'Long term'? I think you're being a bit pessimistic. It's already here!
http://eee.asus.com/eeepad/transformer-prime/features/ (do want!)

I give it... maybe 2-3 years before it's standard (a very significant
portion of the hardware landscape). I don't think that's very long...
certainly not a lot of time for D to get its shit together! ;)