Deprecated language features

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Thu Feb 2 19:32:01 PST 2012

Am 03.02.2012, 03:19 Uhr, schrieb Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>:

> On Friday, February 03, 2012 03:08:05 Marco Leise wrote:
>> Am 02.02.2012, 18:53 Uhr, schrieb bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>:
>> > Ali:
>> >
>> > I use it now and then. A possible replacement:
>> >
>> > foreach (i; 10 .. 0 : -1) {}
>> >
>> > Bye,
>> > bearophile
>>
>> I agree. iterating in reverse over an array is common enough
>
> retro makes it very easy.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Ok, sometimes I have nested loops and I limit the inner loop by the
counter of the outer loop and then I cannot iterate over the array, but
just want a fast foreach_reverse(i; a .. b). Can retro reproduce that
without any function call overhead? If I think that reverse iteration will
be slower, then I'll not use it in the first place.