Opinion of February 2012

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:02:59 PST 2012

On Saturday, 4 February 2012 at 07:00:53 UTC, James Miller wrote:
> no point sticking
> to D1 now that support has been officially dropped.

Will be dropped. It hasn't yet.

> The community needs some organisation. Currently DSource is not
> actually that useful, Trac is all about SVN, but D and most
> other
> libraries use git/GitHub which makes for a clunky experience.

GitHub is very new for the development history of D. Is it one
year now?

> If
> D-Programming-Language.org had a projects section, it would
> make it
> much easier to manage and make more sense, there is no direct
> link
> from the official website to any centralized project
> repository, which
> makes discovery a nightmare.

There isn't a centralized projects repository. Dsource was, back
in the day, but that obviously has had a falling out. There is
working being done on a D "CPAN" called Orbit I believe. We'll
see if the community does take it up.

Progress is being made on most everything listed and has already
been greatly improved in the last couple years.