std.simd module

Manu turkeyman at
Sat Feb 4 17:03:50 PST 2012

On 5 February 2012 02:55, Walter Bright <newshound2 at> wrote:

> On 2/4/2012 11:57 AM, Manu wrote:
>> My key concern is with my function names... should I be worried about name
>> collisions in such a low level lib?
> No. D's module resolution is good enough that prefixing names is not
> D-style and is to be avoided.

One concern that has occurred to me relating to the D module system is...
without any traditional header files, how will this API inline properly? It
helps that every function is a template, so I suppose that forces it to
inline yeah?
I'm quite concerned by a lack of force-inline keyword... it can't be left
to the compiler to decide to inline these or not. they MUST be inlined,
there is no compromise.