Emacs D mode needs love

Russel Winder russel at russel.org.uk
Sun Feb 5 02:00:37 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 01:08 -0600, Caligo wrote:
> I would like to kindly request for Emacs D mode to be updated.  I've
> been using 2.0.4, which I think was last released in 2007, but it
> doesn't reflect the latest version of D.  Its indentation also has
> issues.

14 months ago I started a Bazaar branch for an amended version of the CC
Mode based D Mode to ensure that I had a version that worked in Emacs
23.  cf.   https://code.launchpad.net/emacs-d-mode I haven't done
anything with it since as my need for D went away with the non-starting
of a start up.

I think using a wiki to store code is anathema and asked about getting
http://prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport/EmacsEditor and
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport/EmacsDMode changed.
In the end no-one other than me seemed interested so I didn't bother
doing any amendments.  There is also
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DMode but that didn't get changed either.

If there is some desire to improve the D Mode then there is already a
start.  I am not wedded to Bazaar and Launchpad, it was just tools of
the moment.  No need to move to Git and GitHub or Mercurial and
BitBucket, but if a move is desired so as to get an active community of
people contributing changesets, then it is fundamentally trivial at this
stage of the branches life.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at russel.org.uk