byKey and byValue: properties or methods?

Jose Armando Garcia jsancio at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 09:25:11 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Johannes Pfau <spam at example.com> wrote:
> Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

>>> It's the rvalue aspect. byKey does not hold a range inside the hashtable
>>> (as a member variable would do). Each use of byKey gives you a range that
>>> you get to iterate from the beginning.
>>>
>>> Andrie
>>
>> I think MSDN has some decent advice on when to use properties vs
>> methods:
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-
> us/library/bzwdh01d(v=vs.71).aspx#cpconpropertyusageguidelinesanchor1
>
> Hi Jose,
> great that you're still around in the newsgroups. Any news on std.log? Is it
> ready for review?

std.log still works! hehe. std.log is ready for review but
unfortunately it depends on some changes I have made to druntime. I
have tried to get those changes into druntime but they are just
sitting in there as pull requests. I have recently decided to remove
all my druntime changes and just put them in std/log.d instead. I'll
have a revised std.log soon and maybe we can have a review soon.

Thanks,
-Jose