Bernard Helyer b.helyer at
Sun Feb 5 19:12:24 PST 2012

On Sunday, 5 February 2012 at 03:58:03 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
>Static linking has its advantages too, but as far as phobos and
>druntime  are concerned, dynamic linking would be way way better.

Bollocks. In the general case (which is silly to talk about, I'll
admit) I'd take static linking every time. Sure, it increases the
size of the executable, but if I'm distributing my app, I'm
almost certainly distributing with it, so that's

As has been said, Phobos/druntime changes often enough that
relying on it being present on the users system is ridiculous.

This isn't to say being able to dynamically link Phobos and
druntime is undesirable, it isn't. But even if it were an option,
I would still statically link them to my apps.