[OT] I ported Empire to D2 and made it cross platform.

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 10:04:14 PST 2012

On 06/02/2012 13:48, Bernard Helyer wrote:
<snip>
> I started with Walter's original 2.01 D release. The font I'm using is proportional, so
> I've not a problem there.

You mean "The font I'm using is fixed"?  You'd have to for it to make any sense.

But do look at the StatusPanel class in my version if you haven't already.  (You'll notice
that it's a bit of a hack that works because the code treats strings passed into it as
immutable, although immutable doesn't exist with it being D1.  Of course, when porting to
D2, they would be declared as such.

> Your version was also in D1, was it not? I think something
> subtle may have borked. I'm sure it's fixable if I sit down and fix it, but seeing as it's
> forbidden to languishing on my hard-drive, I'm not sure I give enough fucks to do that.
<snip>

What do you mean by "forbidden to languishing on my hard-drive"?

BTW I've attached my list of bugs I found and changes I made.  Use it as a checklist if
you like (and you find the inclination to carry on working on it).

Stewart.