Why I don't want D to expand

Bee Bee at getaclue.net
Tue Feb 7 22:40:44 PST 2012

It's the wrong thing. It wastes peoples' time. How is it not ALREADY just
like C++, in that the human time capital is worth what it is. Surely the
compiler-writer who started the monstrosity of D knows this. But you
"supporters", keep doggin' him. Surely I want you to "abandon" him so he
can move on. Surely I want to do that because I am so competitive and
want to ensure no better thing is in the market when I introduce my
thing. Huh.

This post came about because, yesterday, I had a fleeting thought that
went like this: What if I was to contract a unit of work to a contractor
that bills himself as a compiler writer for hire?

Then I thought: He'd be trying to sell me his compiler! Ha, been there
done that, said NO to that. (Read, prominent compiler said he wouldn't
build me what I wanted, because he couldn't control me with it).

I can build all this stuff. You KNOW I can. For me it's just a time
thing. "Ah, therein is the rub!". Package it. Package it right, and I may
want to buy it. Play the lil fucking prick on a programming project that
thinks he is smarter than everyone else and writes an "Object class" from
which all else will follow, gets you IGGY.

***

Walter tried to sell his wares. Did it work out? I can figure it out. And
better than you can. Who was your target market? you tried to make a fast
buck. Didn't I quickly quip that you were trying to relay info available
in any number of texts, in some kind of live event in order to milk
money.

Walter, I think you are too expensive, and your wares are not worth it. I
WILL pay you for RVO though if you can prove that is yours. I mean, I'll
figure it all out and better than you can ever, but I won't let you
capitalize upon common knowledge. Ooops.. Walt, was that a GREAT
discovery? Ha! You give everything hoping for something? I take it back.
I will NOT pay you for RVO. I was having a blonde moment or I miss her or
something, but no, I know you.

"I know you": translates to, "wanting something for nothing". "Easy
money".

Why don't you go GPL, bitch? That's where shit reigns.