regex get names

James Miller james at aatch.net
Wed Feb 8 01:44:24 PST 2012

I posted something similar learn, but since this is a request,
not a question I'm going to reiterate it here.

After looking through std.regex, it would be useful if there was
a way to get the names of the named matches from the Captures.
e.g. R[] names = m.getNames(). With the idea being that each name
is one of the named sub-expressions from (?P<name>...).

I could probably make the change myself, but I want to get any
opinions on why this is not a good idea before doing so.