Mac OS X 10.5 support

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Feb 8 19:52:34 PST 2012

Lately, dmd seems to have broken support for OS X 10.5. Supporting that system
is problematic for us, since we don't have 10.5 systems available for dev/test.

Currently, the build/test farm is OS X 10.7.

I don't think this is like the Windows issue. Upgrading Windows is (for me,
anyway) a full day job. Upgrading OS X is inexpensive and relatively painless,
the least painless of any system newer than DOS that I've experienced.

Hence, is it worthwhile to continue support for 10.5? Can we officially say that
only 10.6+ is supported? Is there a significant 10.5 community that eschews OS
upgrades but still expects new apps?