Message passing between threads: Java 4 times faster than D

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 06:10:29 PST 2012

Generally, D's message passing is implemented in quite easy-to-use
way, but far from being fast.
I dislike the Variant structure, because it adds a huge overhead. I'd
rather have a templated message passing system with type-safe message
queue, so no Variant is necessary.
In specific cases Messages can be polymorphic objects. This will be
way faster, then Variant.

--
Bye,
Gor Gyolchanyan.