Message passing between threads: Java 4 times faster than D

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 08:22:36 PST 2012

I wonder how much it helps to just optimize the GC a little.  How
much does the performance gap close when you use DMD 2.058 beta
instead of 2.057?  This upcoming release has several new garbage
collector optimizations.  If the GC is the bottleneck, then it's
not surprising that anything that relies heavily on it is slow
because D's GC is still fairly naive.