Carmack about static analysis

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Feb 9 12:09:22 PST 2012

On 24/12/2011 12:42, bearophile wrote:
> A new blog post by the very good John Carmack, I like how well readable this post is:
> http://altdevblogaday.com/2011/12/24/static-code-analysis/

Nice article! I particularly liked this comment:
"The classic hacker disdain for “bondage and discipline languages” is
short sighted – the needs of large, long-lived, multi-programmer
projects are just different than the quick work you do for yourself."
that throws a jab at a lot of the obsession with dynamic languages that
goes on out there.
It's something I've echoed in the past, especially when people start
comparing languages to one another using small code snippets, and
picking on issues/advantages that actually are only significant when
writing small sized code, but not at all for medium/large sized apps.
(the Hello-World Snippet Fallacy?)

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Engineer